Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 1 Day 1

Monday
Breakfast was turkey sausage/sweet potato/green onion and egg frittata with coffee (I put a little stevia and 1% milk in it).  I made the turkey sausage and I wasn't wild about the spices I put in it - made the whole dish feel really heavy (might have been too much fennel and paprika).  I don't really care much for Indian food and the sausage felt like there were too many Indian spices in it.  But - it was a good first attempt at a frittata.  I've been making quiches for a long time - but this was the first frittata.  What's the difference anyway?

Mid-morning, I had a snack of strawberries and blackberries

Lunch was leftover flank steak and a few red potatoes roasted with herbs.  I put some of my red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing on the steak to keep it from getting too dried out and it was YUMMY!  I then ate my 2 cups of baby spinach with oil and vinegar dressing and a banana.

But I'm still hungry, so I dipped into my stash of Trail Mix and I'm feeling more satisfied.  I might have to grab another handful or a piece of dark chocolate!

Typically, I'm really munchy between 3-5.  I have a snack of red peppers and another banana that I can eat if I get hungry.  I have a feeling I will!!

. . .

Yeah, I had to have the chocolate!!  :-)  And the red peppers too!

. . .

When I got home from school, Allie and I drank a glass of unsweetened almond milk with a little bit of Hershey's syrup in it.  Now I know that Hershey's syrup is not Primal, but I'm in the mindset of using up what we have before we buy more, so I'll still use it in small quantities until it's gone.  Then I'll make my own chocolate flavoring with cocoa and stevia or something like that! 

Dinner was leftover beef and barley soup (I tried to eat mostly the meat and vegetables and not too much of the barley).  I added 2 hard boiled eggs because I was still hungry.

Dessert was a slice of cheddar cheese and a glass of red wine.  I don't normally drink red wine, but I opened a bottle to make the beef soup, so I might as well drink it, right?!?

All in all, it was a pretty good day, food-wise.  I made it through the "witching hours" of 3-5 relatively easily.  I ate my snack and a small piece of chocolate, but that satisfied me until dinnertime.  Yay!

And I really didn't NEED to eat dessert last night, but I thought I would since I had the food available and it sounded good before bed.

I didn't get to exercise at all today because I had open house at school and had limited time after work before I had to go back up.  But I did make an effort to move around the classroom and campus more instead of staying at my desk for hours on end.  Plus I did some plies while I was brushing my teeth.  Every little bit counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment