Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 1 Day 3

Wednesday
How do I determine if I'm eating primal 80% of the time?  The only thing I can figure is that if I eat 10 meals, then 8 of them should be primal.  Or maybe I eat 8 primal foods out of every 10.  Or maybe if I eat 2000 calories in a day, then 400 of them can be non-primal?!?  I still don't know quite how to determine that.  If you have tips, let me know!!

Breakfast today was the sweet potato/sausage frittata with lime juice - same as the last 2 days.  I'm already getting tired of it.  I may not be able to finish this whole thing!  We'll see . . . I didn't eat the whole portion today.  I'm not quite sure if it's because I just wasn't hungry or couldn't eat more of it.  Either way, I didn't eat as much this morning.  But then after an hour and a half I had some mango.  Yum!

I didn't eat as much at lunch either - brussels sprouts with bacon, hard boiled egg, a banana, raw carrots and red pepper with a little ranch and iced tea.  I just wasn't that hungry - but I did eat about 1/3 cup of trail mix about an hour later.  I didn't want a snack mid-afternoon, but I was very hungry by the time I got home from school and started dinner.

My pre-dinner snack was some of the beet chips I made last night - they were far from crispy so maybe dehydrated beets might be a better name for them!  I think I like them, but they did taste a bit burned.  I will definitely make them different the next time I make them - or perhaps buy a bag at Trader Joe's!!  :-)

Dinner was semi-Paleo.  I cooked some chicken cutlets in coconut oil and a bunch of dried herbs.  The vegetable was steamed broccoli and cauliflower with garlic, salt and pepper.  I did add some smashed potatoes in an effort to use up a large bag that's in my pantry!  Unfortunately, the smashed potatoes turned out gluey and not the best I've ever made.  I guess the good thing is that I didn't eat a large serving!  :-)

Again, I didn't eat a ton tonight at dinner.  I guess my appetite shrank today some.  I'm hoping that's a step in the right direction!

Perhaps I'm not eating a lot because I have had a headache since Monday in the middle of the night.  I was so severe last night that I got out of bed to take my serious meds and grab an ice pack.   It keeps coming back when the meds wear off, but my chiropractor crunched my neck and relieved some of the pressure.  It's not totally gone yet, but I hope with some sleep tonight it will be!

And now, it's time for a pre-bedtime snack!  Not sure if it will be Girl Scout cookies or a vegetable!  I'm thinking cookies!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment