Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week 1 Day 4

Thursday
I woke up hungry today - but I couldn't force down the frittata again.  Eating it 3 times was enough for me.  I'm definitely going to alter the recipe some the next time I make it!  So, I made a strip of bacon, 2 fried eggs and coffee.  Midmorning I ate a banana, some strawberries and blackberries.  Yum!

I was hungry again when lunchtime came around - I ate some leftover quesadilla filling (chicken, black beans, corn and cheese).  I left out the tortilla because I didn't really want to cheat with the grain and because it would be impossible to make a crispy quesadilla in a microwave.  So, no tortilla for me today!  I paired it with my homemade guac with plantain chips and then some red peppers and a little bit of ranch dressing.  Delicious and filling!

My afternoon snack was roasted carrots and zucchini and a couple squares of dark chocolate.  I had the Dove dark chocolate today because that's what I have at school BUT I think it's too sweet for me now.  It's amazing to me how much I don't want sugar now that I haven't been eating it.  I used to be a sugar-fiend!  And it is so true that the more you eat, the more you crave!  But now that I am not eating much of it, I just don't crave it.  The vegetables that I've been eating have really been satisfying me.  This is a huge answer to prayer for me.  I have spent so much time asking God to help me conquer my addiction to sugar and it looks like I finally found a method of eating that really helps!  Praise God!

For dinner I had leftover herbed chicken from last night, a large portion of broccoli and cauliflower and a small portion of smashed potatoes.  Again - yum!

For dessert tonight I made these hazelnut cookies.  I was a little skeptical about them because they don't have any flour.  But they really were yummy!  I even brought them to our church home group tonight and they were eaten quickly!!  I think that I'll try to chop the nuts up smaller next time to achieve a more "flour" like texture.  But otherwise they were a really nice treat!  And the best part to me is that I didn't feel like I needed to eat a dozen of them.  I was satisfied with just 2!  :-)

My stomach has been feeling a little weird for the last 2 days.  It's like I'm kind of hungry but don't want to eat.  I'm going to keep tabs on it to see if it keeps up, but I don't think it's related to the diet.  We are in the process of adoption and we received our referral Tuesday for 2 girls!!!!  I think it's more nerves and excitement that's keeping my stomach from feeling "normal!" 

This may be a bit of TMI - but I've always been what I've considered a little bit gassier than normal . . . but on this diet, that has decreased by about 90%!  Again, praise God! 

Yesterday at school, I noticed that my pants were a little looser in the seat than I remembered.  Today my other pants were a little looser in the waist.  I don't think anyone would notice any weight loss yet, but I'm starting to feel tighter!  Considering that I've only been committed to this for 4 days, I'm thrilled to see even small results already!

No comments:

Post a Comment