Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week 1 Day 5

Friday

I LOVE GOOD FOOD!

I have been searching the internet for grain free recipes for about 10 minutes and I have at least 10 recipes to try.  I can't wait!  I love the taste of food in it's natural state - no chemicals or additives needed to make it stay fresh longer or taste better.  I've never been one to enjoy processed foods - even when I was little.  I guess I have to thank my mom for feeding me mostly real food from an early age.  I remember that when I was about 6-7, Kid Cuisine tv dinners came out.  I begged my mom to buy me one because it was food just for a kid, right?  But I hated it!  It was nasty processed food that just didn't taste good.  So, thank you, Mom, for feeding me good stuff early so that I developed a taste for real food!  :-)

So today for breakfast I drank my coffee and ate some fresh mango along with a strip of bacon and two fried eggs.  I don't know exactly why, but those eggs were delicious!  Maybe it's because I cooked the bacon first and then added the eggs to the pan in the leftover bacon grease.  Whatever it was - it was yummy!  :-)

And I really like the Trader Joe's Applewood Uncured Bacon.  I was hesitant at first because I don't really like applewood smoked stuff, but I REALLY like this bacon!  Allie even made some bacon and eggs for herself last night and she REALLY liked it too!  I've tried other uncured bacon before and not really liked them - so I'm thrilled that I found one we both like!  And I know  Brian will eat almost anything so I don't have to worry about him even though he hasn't tried it yet!

Friday lunches are a special time in my department at school.  We go out to eat as a group.  One of the ladies is fasting from meat on Fridays during Lent and I'm grain-free so we decided to go to Panera Bread because it would have options for all of us to eat.  I was very tempted to eat a panini because I really do love their bread, but instead I chose their creamy tomato soup (sans the croutons), a side salad and iced tea.  I forgot to ask them to leave off the bread - so it stared at me throughout lunch, but I managed to avoid eating it!  Yay!  Maybe next time I'll ask them to substitute the bread for something else because I was still hungry after I finished lunch.  When we got back to school, I filled up on the last of my guacamole and plantain chips, a hard boiled egg and a square of dark chocolate.  Full!

And I'm satisfied with filling my body with yummy, real food.  After eating good food like this, I don't even miss the grains!

I was definitely hungry for a snack - I think my stomach issues this week were more to do with the excitement of the referral instead of the food!  Today it's much better.  So for my snack I had a spinach salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar.

Dinner was totally non-Primal.  I had to go to the airport tonight, so I was out during dinner-time.  I had a pepperoni pizza from Campisi's with ranch dressing and a small Pepsi.  It was so yummy!  But, I noticed that I couldn't even eat the whole thing.  I've never had a problem eating a whole Campisi's pizza, but I left about 1/4 of it and I was VERY full.  Plus, I could only drink 1 cup full of the Pepsi!  It was so sweet and I actually wanted water after I had had a cup of that.   I'm part camel and drink a whole lot.  Usually I can refill my cup 2-3 times in a meal because I'm so thirsty.  But after 1 cup full of Pepsi, I just didn't want any more.  So, even though this was a cheat meal, I'm pleased that my tastes and habits are changing! 

On another note - Brian loved the frittata I had made earlier in the week!  He polished off the last 3 slices today and told me that I have to make it again!  It's so true that different people have different tastes!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment