Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 1 Day 6

Saturday
Sleeping in, leisurely morning on the couch drinking coffee . . . perfect Saturday!

I made muffins today.  I love quick breads - I'd rather have that than a loaf of crusty bread.  So, when I found a recipe for these cinnamon muffins, I knew I had to try them!  This is not something I will eat all the time because it does have more honey in it than I really need to eat, but it's wonderful for a treat!

 While I was waiting for the muffins to bake, I had a cup of coffee and a small banana.

I was a little concerned that the recipe only made 9 muffins - but I really could have stretched it to 11-12 muffins because they overflowed the cups!  Almond flour muffins don't loft like a wheat flour muffin!  Oh well . . . they tasted really good and were VERY filling!  Next time I might add a bit more butter in the filling, but still they were extremely satisfying!

 Lunch was leftover chicken, broccoli/cauliflower and zucchini/carrots.  Still good after 2 days, but I'm glad it's finished now!  :-)

Brian wanted to go out to dinner, so we went to the Londoner and I had fish and chips.  The fish was kind of bland even with malt vinegar on it, but the fries were yummy.  But, after such a heavy and non-Primal meal, I felt awful.  I hope to learn from my mistake last night and eat healthier even when we go out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment