Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Week 4

Week 4

Sunday night I made this delicious chicken salad!!  I didn't have avacado oil, almonds or brown mustard, so I subbed olive oil, walnuts and dijon mustard.  Still delicious combination!!

It made a ton, so I basically ate it over baby spinach for lunch for 4 days.  It was seriously that good!  The only thing is that my Brussels sprouts turned red - weird.  I guess it was the vinegar in the dressing . . .

I'm trying to get back on track with eating primally after a weekend of eating the conventional American diet.  It's hard . . . I lost that 1.5 pounds I had gained over the weekend pretty quickly, but I  don't think I've lost any more.  I'll weigh again on Monday to see my progress.

I have noticed that after eating poorly even for a couple days that I'm hungrier and craving more sugar than I had before the poor eating days.  It's now Thursday and I think I'm back on track eating wise . . . I'm really trying to focus on eating lots of fresh veggies and not as much nuts/nut butter/fruit to help my body get what it needs.

But I confess that I still look forward to my "cheat" meals.  I'm already planning the next one for this weekend!  I'm thinking a Freebirds steak burrito!!  :-) 

A couple yummy recipes from the week:
BBQ Chicken
Sweet Potato and Poblano Pepper Soup (I love anaheim peppers, so I  used those instead of poblanos)
Paleo "Cornbread"
My (conventional diet) husband and daughter LOVED the above 3!  :-)
Paleo "Nutella"
40 Clove Garlic Baked Chicken
Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
Chicken Fajitas marinated in Chimichurri Sauce
Roasted Lemon Cabbage 
Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment