Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 2 Day 1

Monday

I'm down 2 pounds from last Monday!  Yay!  On Friday, my husband played a very mean trick on me.  I was weighing myself and he slipped in behind me to put his foot on the scale.  I was barely awake and could not process how I suddenly got to 175 pounds.  He, of course, was dying laughing, but I was pretty shaken up for a while.

I was not at all hungry when I woke up this morning, so I had a small cup of coffee and a cinnamon muffin.  That's it - I didn't want anything else!

Mid-morning I had some strawberries and blackberries, but I was definitely ready for lunch when the time came.

Lunch was the last of the leftover fish (I usually don't do leftover fish, but it was just as good today as yesterday!) with some roasted zucchini/carrots and brussels sprouts with bacon.  Delicious and just enough food for a meal!

But I was definitely hungry 2 hours later, so I had an apple with about 1 T. peanut butter.  I know that PB is not exactly the best primal food I can eat, but we need to use up what we have . . . so I ate it.  I did walk into the teachers lounge where there were loads of chips and candy leftover from this morning.  Today is a testing day, so the school provides all kinds of goodies for us to eat.  I was seriously looking at a bag of Sunchips, but I put it down and went to eat my apple.  So, maybe my apple with PB wasn't the best choice I could make, but it was certainly better than Sunchips!  :-)

Today was definitely harder to stay on track . . . After my snack I was doing pretty well, but a friend had some Starburst candies that looked pretty good to eat!!  But I resisted!  Whew!

Dinner was beef stew - with lots of vegetables.  The recipe calls for just potatoes, onion and carrots, but I also added celery and green beans.  Yum!  This was my dad's favorite dinner that my mom made growing up.  One day, while it was cooking, he snuck into the kitchen and poured a couple cups of burgundy into the pot without my mom's knowledge.  When we were eating it that night, she commented that it was the best she's ever made it!  Dad and I were cracking up!!  :-)

I also made sweet potatoes and apples as a side dish for dinner.  This is a dish that we usually eat at Thanksgiving, but I've altered it a bit to make it primal and so I can have a bit of sweetness when I'm craving it!

I finished off the night with 3 small squares of dark chocolate!  But that was HARD - my husband won an ice cream cake yesterday - mint chocolate chip with chocolate cake - my favorite!!  I struggled with whether or not I wanted to break my primal day by eating that cake or if I was going to stick to it!!  Luckily, after a good dinner finished off with the sweet potatoes, I wasn't craving sweet. But I still had a bit of the munchies, so I settled with my dark chocolate and I was satisfied!  Another crisis averted!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment