Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 1 Day 7

Sunday

I started the day with my coffee, a hard-boiled egg and a cinnamon muffin.  Yum!

Lunch was the last quesadilla, the last of the broccoli/cauliflower and zucchini/carrots.  Delicious!

I definitely felt better this afternoon eating good food.  I hope to keep it up for life!

Dinner was delicious!!  I made a delicious cod with roasted carrots and sauteed brussels sprouts.  The recipe calls for mahi mahi and asparagus, but I substituted cod and brussels sprouts!!  I kind of mutilate fish with I cook it because I'm never quite sure if it's cooked enough.  I'm pretty good at making my food taste good, but I'm not always that good at making it look that good.  :-)  I didn't puree my almond sauce because I wanted to taste the slices of almond.  Good choice because it was really very good.  :-)


I finished off the night with a small glass of white wine!  Yum! All in all it was a very good day food-wise!

No exercise . . . I haven't really exercised much lately besides walking around the house and the grocery store.  I'm seeing a new chiropractor for a pinched nerve in my hip and she's had me stop going to yoga for a couple weeks . . . and I can't wait to go back!!!  My muscles have been itching for a deep stretch.  I even woke up from my nap today with a charlie horse in my hamstring.  Boo.  Hopefully I can go back to yoga soon!  

Recap of what I learned this week:
1. I bought too much food this week . . . but I think that was a good thing to do.  I definitely over-bought fruit - I still have a bunch of pineapple, mangos, grapefruit, kiwi, apples and clementines left!

2. I can do this!  It really wasn't that hard to stay grain free because I had so much good food available!  It was definitely helpful to have a lot prepared so I could pack whatever I needed for the day.

3. Don't go to Central Market when I'm hungry - I went to buy stuff for the week, but right before dinnertime . . . and EVERYTHING was tempting me!!  I especially love their tortillas, but I resisted the temptation and came home to fix my yummy dinner!

4. I love REAL FOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment