Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Week 2 Day 2

Tuesday

This week is definitely harder . . . I was out right before lunch and I was so tempted to pick up a fish taco from this really delicious place - but I couldn't just get the fish taco.  I'd have to get chips and queso also . . . but again I resisted!  Thank you God for giving me the strength to say no to stuff that isn't primal and yes to stuff that is!!

Breakfast was a hard-boiled egg, a cinnamon muffin and coffee.  I'm still really loving those cinnamon muffins!  Still delicious!!

My mid- morning snack was 2 small clementines.  I had burned my tongue on the stew last night, so I could really taste the tartness of those cuties!!

Lunch was leftover beef stew and salsa with plantain chips!  The salsa and plantain chips totally satisfied my craving for chips and queso, so I'm happy now!

I was hungry about 3:00, so I ate my spinach salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar and a square of dark chocolate.  

It's funny, Brian mentioned to me last night that I was cutting out bread, but adding starches via some potatoes and sweet potatoes.  That kind of got me worried that I am eating too many carbs to produce weight loss.  The folks at marksdailyapple.com recommend a carb intake of less than 100 grams/day for weight loss. (Click here for details).  So I calculated it up . . . And even with all the potatoes I ate yesterday, I was still at 110 grams of carbs.  I think it's a good spot to be in.  Can I go fewer carbs?  Obviously yes, but I'm still in a good spot for weight loss.

Dinner was homemade lettuce wrapped beef tacos.  I put sour cream and cheese on mine - I kind of over-seasoned the taco filling so it helped to have the dairy cut the richness of the filling! I finished it off with some homemade guac and the last of our tortilla chips.  From here on out, it will be plantain chips instead of tortilla chips!  Just as delicious and primal!  :-)

I was hungry after dinner, so I made myself a chocolate protein shake for dessert.  The only problem is that the lid wasn't secured on my shaker container and it spewed all over my kitchen!!  Ugh!  But it made me get the mop out to clean my floor!  Ha!

I have been pretty tired lately - I'm attributing it to the stress of our adoption and all the stuff we're having to think about because of that.  I guess it could be the "low-carb flu," but I honestly don't really think so.  But I guess I'll never know for sure!! 

Either way, I'm trying to get more sleep and rest when I need rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment