Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 2 Day 3

Wednesday

Is it really only Wednesday?  This week has already gone by so slowly - I guess that's what happens the week before spring break!!

I forgot to bring my hard boiled egg to school to eat this morning for breakfast, so I ate 2 cinnamon muffins (the last ones!!!).  I am definitely too full!!  One is not quite enough, but 2 is definitely too much!  I guess I could have eaten 1.5, but I wasn't thinking about that while I was eating.  Next time I will. . .

Lunch is leftover lettuce wrapped tacos.  Definitely messier than tortilla wrapped tacos, but just as satisfying! 

Dinner was scrambled eggs, honey roasted carrots and coconut flour waffles.  This recipe includes chicken and waffles, but I just did the waffles and left the chili powder out of the batter.  I've kind of been surprised at how good the dishes are when I bake with coconut flour and almond flour.  I kind of expected things to taste REALLY different, but it really hasn't.  The waffles, in particular, tasted very much like a wheat flour waffle, but they weren't crispy and were a little more dry.  Next time I might try to add some coconut oil or butter into the batter to make them more moist.  But, overall they were really tasty!  My daughter even gobbled it up!  And 1 waffle was really filling!

I did eat a lot of carbs today, so I skipped dessert.  I would really have liked to eat something like fruit, but I didn't NEED to eat so I was able to pass.  Yay!

All in all, I've lost 2.5 pounds in 1.5 weeks.  I think it's a great start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment