Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week 2 Day 5

Friday

I woke up ravenous and feeling like I had low blood sugar after eating Chick-Fil-A nuggets and 2 cookies last night.  Pretty yucky.  I had to drink a protein shake first thing to get moving.  I usually can wait an hour to eat breakfast because I'm not that hungry right when I wake up.  But not today!!

I am definitely feeling like I am waking up easier in the mornings.  They said it would happen, but I have to see it to believe it.  I have always struggled to get out of bed in the mornings because it takes me a while to get going after I wake up.  I annoy my husband to death when I have to get up before him because I'll snooze my alarm for 15-20 minutes before I actually get out of bed.  He's such a light sleeper that he wakes up the second I move and can't go back to sleep.  Hopefully, this is changing now for me.  I feel more alert when my alarm goes off and I'm getting out of bed about 5 minutes earlier than usual.  I feel like that's a step in the right direction!

When I got to school, I added a hard-boiled egg, coffee and a banana to my breakfast. 

Friday's my department goes out to lunch.  Today it's Jason's Deli and I had the salad bar with broccoli cheese soup - lots of mixed greens and spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, bell pepper with sunflower seeds and ranch dressing.  (Yes, I'm a ranch fan . . . ).  I also ate a hard boiled egg for some extra protein.

Even after eating the yucky food last night, I still feel thinner than I did 2 weeks ago.  I won't officially weigh in until Monday, but I know that my body is burning the fat that it's been storing!  Yay!  I have been tracking my calories and carb intake for the last couple days and I have discovered that I need to focus on eating more of the non-starchy vegetables and fruits.  I think that will make the weight loss quicker even though I'm still losing pretty quickly.  So next week, I'll try to focus on eating more broccoli, spinach, green beans, bell peppers, apples, clementines, mango, etc.  

I made it through a night out with a late dinner.  Yay!  I was judging a cheer tryout and they usually provide snacks while we're judging.  Unfortunately, all they had for us was Diet Coke, Coke, Oreos and Cheese-Its.  Ugh - luckily I brought some red peppers to snack on so I wasn't tempted by the junk food.  I bought a bottle of water to drink also.  When I got home I ate some beef stew to fill me up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment